Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bundling

The term has a lot of meanings - including a very unusual one:
 Bundling...was the traditional practice of wrapping one person in a bed accompanied by another, usually as a part of courting behavior. 
OK - that's NOT what I was doing yesterday... I was getting packages of bits and pieces layered and wrapped ready for whatever the elements may dish out.  These packages (I'm not the only mad one - a few of us are doing this) are going to be hung in trees and buried, hopefully Nature will have its way with them and then they will be unwrapped and the components used in some sort of art piece.
My three bundles were very similar - each layer had some meaning/connection to me -
fabric from a blouse given to me, serviettes from a lovely day at a friend's, dried leaves, chai tea (sorry, tai chi) sewn into cupcake papers, onion skins sewn into fabric, writing on fabric using a fountain pen...and lots of other things.